Commercial and Non-Profit Commercial Activity and Solicitation Policy
All commercial activity, whether advertising or selling, and solicitation on campus at Athletic events as it applies to both commercial and non-profit entities, is managed by Bronco Sports Properties on behalf of Boise State Athletics and governed by the guidelines set out here.
Boise State supports charities and non-profit organizations through student-athlete community volunteer work and by making tickets and certain memorabilia available for donation. More information on these opportunities and the request forms may be found here: Bronco Sports Properties. Charities and other non-profit organizations that wish to utilize the Boise State Broncos name and trademarks to promote or market their organization should contact Bronco Sports Properties.
Commercial and Non-Profit Activity and Solicitation Policy
The University Bookstore is the only body authorized to engage in sales of products and merchandise on the campus of Boise State University. ARAMARK Corporation is the only body authorized to engage in the sales and distribution of food or beverage products on the campus of Boise State University. Any other business activity that occurs on campus in association with Athletic events, whether for a commercial entity or a non-profit/charitable organization, or student or staff group, is managed by Bronco Sports Properties on behalf of Boise State Athletics.
Business activity shall include any undertaking of an individual or group that encompasses the production, sale, sampling or other distribution or advertising of products or services. The sale and distribution of products and services includes any method of marketing, including, but not limited to, the use of posters, flyers, handouts or other promotional literature. Such activities shall be subject to the provisions of this policy.
Solicitation shall include any undertaking of an individual or group that attempts to promote the sale or use of a particular product or service. Specifically, this policy addresses the following:
- Commercial soliciting at Athletic events is expressly prohibited without approval.
- There shall be no soliciting of funds, prizes, or awards for scholarships, loans, grants, equipment, supplies, or other purposes unless it is approved by and in cooperation with Bronco Sports Properties on behalf of the Athletics Department.
Distribution of non-commercial written material such as pamphlets, handbills, circulars, newspapers, magazines and other materials which are protected by the First Amendment may be distributed on a person-to-person basis in open areas subject to the provisions of the University Open Spaces Policy and the University Distribution of Materials Policy. No stand, table or booth shall be used in distribution unless with approval of the Athletics Department/Bronco Sports Properties.
There shall be no advertisement or other public statement in which Boise State University's name is used in connection with any non-university organization, business, or person in any manner or medium that implies that the University supports, approves, or endorses any product, service, interest, position, or ideology of that organization, business, or person, unless written approval has been given by Bronco Sports Properties or the University's Director of Trademark Licensing.
Procedures for Business Activity, as applied to both commercial and non-profit organizations, at Athletic Events:
- Individuals or businesses, including non-profit organizations, wishing to undertake any business activity at or around Athletic events, sales or solicitations must fill out the Game Day Request Form. Please click for the form - Game Day Request Form.
- Campus departments should also contact Bronco Sports Properties with requests for activity relating to their group/department in association with Athletic events.
- Student groups should first contact Student Involvement and Leadership Center with requests for activity relating to their group/activities in association with Athletic events and campus. SILC will coordinate with Bronco Sports Properties as appropriate.
- Commercial activities will be limited to the University Bookstore/BroncoShop (merchandise sales) and ARAMARK Corporation (food and beverage sales) and approved business activities in designated areas as managed by Bronco Sports Properties (advertising, marketing and solicitation).
- Solicitation by a charitable organization at a University athletic event or facility requires the prior approval of the Athletic Department, through Bronco Sports Properties and must be conducted in compliance with this Commercial and Non-Profit Activity and Solicitation at Athletic Events policy regarding business activities and to exercise the required control and supervision on the campus of Boise State University during Athletic events.
Bronco Sports Properties is a Learfield Sports company, which currently manages the corporate sponsorship and multimedia rights for the Boise State University Athletic Department. Bronco Sports Properties manages all commercial and non-profit marketing and sponsorship opportunities relating to Boise State athletic events, including all business activity on game days and also any advertising by third parties in association with the Boise State Broncos and the University Athletics Program. The University and Bronco Sports Properties reserve the right to accept or reject any and all sponsorship and advertising activities.
Bronco Sports Properties manages the corporate sponsorship and multimedia rights for the Boise State University Athletic Department. Bronco Sports Properties specializes in managing, packaging, and selling marketing and sponsorship opportunities related to Boise State Bronco athletic events. Marketing and media sponsorship opportunities available through Bronco Sports Properties include:
- On-Field/On-Court Promotions
- Radio Print
- Game Sponsorships
- Special Event Title Sponsorships
- Hospitality Events
Any business or organization, both commercial and non-profit, that uses the Boise State Broncos name, trademarks, images, or other media in association with the following will require a license as a sponsor.
- The advertising or promotion of a business;
- Media used in a manner that might associate or imply endorsements by the University/Athletics Department; OR
- Association of the business to the University through services or products of that business
Business activity at Athletic Events, which includes the production, sale, sampling or other distribution or advertising of products or services on game days, including the use of posters, flyers, handouts or other promotional literature. All sponsorship inquiries should be directed to:
Bronco Sports Properties
For details about obtaining a license for products, click here.
Existing sponsors, click here for details regarding co-branded product.
For merchandise orders, please submit the Campus or Sponsor Merchandise Approval Form.
The University and Bronco Sports Properties reserve the right to accept or reject any and all sponsorship and advertising activities.