BOISE, Idaho - The Boise State women's tennis team (6-6) lost a 6-1 match to UT Arlington, at the Boas Tennis Center, Sunday.
Morgan Basil picked up the Broncos' lone point, defeating Giada D'ortona 6-1, 6-4 at the No. 4 spot. The match was Basil's first on court four after playing all her previous matches at No. 5. The victory put the sophomore from St. Petersburg, Florid at 7-5 this season.
Sand Vo took her match to three sets, battling back to win the second set 6-4 after dropping the first set by the same score. In the shortened third set, Vo went back-and-forth with Verena Scott before Scott pulled away for an 11-9 win.
The Broncos lost by default at the No. 6 position due to injury.
Boise State will have one more home match against, Wednesday against Washington State before heading on the road for a month. Action is scheduled to start at 11 a.m.
Boise State 1, UT Arlington 6
Boise, Idaho - March 11, 2012
1. Maria Martinez-Romero (UTA) def. Marlena Pietzuch (BSU), 6-2, 6-3
2. Verena Scott (UTA) def. Sandy Vo (BSU), 6-4, 4-6, 11-9
3. Natalia Mayuk (UTA) def. Manuela Pietzuch (BSU), 6-3, 6-2
4. Morgan Basil (BSU) def. Giada D'ortona (UTA), 6-1, 6-4
5. Chirstine Foote (UTA) def. Fiona Mok (BSU). 6-2, 6-1
6. UT Arlington wins by default
Order of Finish: 5, 1, 4, 3, 2
1. Martinez/Matovicova (UTA) def. Pietzuch/Pietzuch (BSU), 8-6
2. D'ortona/Mayuk (UTA) def. Vo/Basil (BSU), 8-2
3. Scott/Foote (UTA) def. Brown/Klamczynska (BSU), 8-3
Order of Finish: 3, 2, 1