Nov. 19, 2013
Download pdf version of game notes
- Wednesday (Nov. 19) - College of Idaho at Boise State Live Stats Live Video
- The Game: Boise State (1-2) is back at home for one game this Wednesday night when the Broncos host the College of Idaho Coyotes (0-4) at 7 p.m. in Taco Bell Arena.
- Radio Broadcast: Listen live to each game via the radio broadcast by KTIK (AM 1350) and at BroncoSports.com as Chris Lewis calls the action.
- Next Up: Boise State hits the road this weekend when the Broncos travel to Vermillion, S.D., to take on the Coyotes of the University of South Dakota on Sunday at 1 p.m. (Mountain).
- All-Time Record: Wednesday's game will be the 13th meeting all-time in the series between the two programs with Boise State holding a 12-0 advantage.
- Note on Wednesday's Game: This game will count towards Boise State's record but will not for the College of Idaho who has declared this an exhibition game for the Coyotes.
- In Boise: The Broncos are 7-0 all-time against the Coyotes in games played at Boise.
- Last Time: These two last played last on Jan, 2, 2013, in Boise when the Broncos defeated the Coyotes 61-47.
SETTING THE SCENE
- About College of Idaho: The Coyotes are from Caldwell, Idaho, and are members of the NAIA's Cascade Conference.
- Last Year for Boise State: Boise State went 11-19 overall and 4-12 in the Mountain West Conference last year placing seventh.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos have played three games to date splitting a pair of home contests 90-86 to Southern Utah (Nov. 8), followed by a 76-68 win over Lewis-Clark State on Monday (Nov. 11). Most recently the Broncos lost 98-68 at New Mexico State (Nov. 14) last Thursday.
- Boise State's Record: The Broncos are 1-2 on the year.
- Last Year for C of I: The College of Idaho went 22-9 overall last year and advanced to its fifth-straight trip to the NAIA National Tournament.
- Recently for C of I: The Coyotes lost a pair of games last weekend in Salt Lake City, Utah, at the Westminster Fall Classic falling 71-65 to Westminster and 71-68 to Montana Tech.
- C of I's Record: The Coyotes enter the game at 0-4 overall.
- Boise State at Home: The Broncos are 1-1 in Taco Bell Arena this year. Boise State went 7-8 at home last season. The Broncos are 262-141 (.649 pct.) all-time in Taco Bell Arena.
- Boise State on the Road: The Broncos lost their lone road contest this fall 98-68 at New Mexico State
- C of I on the Road: The Coyotes are 0-4 on the road this year.
- Leading the Broncos: After three contests Boise State is being led by redshirt-sophomore forward Lexie Der at 14.7 points per game and a team second-best 7.7 rebounds per game, followed by sophomore center Miquelle Askew at 13 ppg and a team-high 9.7 rebounds per game. Redshirt-junior Brandi Henton is third in scoring at 11.7 ppg.
- Leading the Coyotes: Erica Martinez is leading the Coyotes at 16 points per game while hitting 52 percent (13-25) from 3-point range. Chakala Carthen follows at 15.5 ppg and team-high 9.0 rebounds per game.
- Boise State as a Team: After three games Boise State is shooting 36.5 percent from the floor, 25.5 percent from the 3-point arc and 79.1 percent from the free-throw line, as well as averaging 76.7 points and 43 rebounds per game. Defensively the Broncos have allowed 85.3 points and 36.7 boards per game.
- C of I as a Team: The Coyotes are averaging 61.5 points and 32.2 rebounds per game after four contests, while allowing 72.5 points and 39 rebounds per game. They shoot 42.5 percent from the floor, 31.7 percent from the arc and 71.8 percent from the free-throw line.
- Preseason Polls: Boise State was projected eighth out of 11 teams in the MW preseason poll, while the College of Idaho was picked to repeat as Cascade Conference champions.
- The Coaches: Reagan Rossi is in her 13th season at C of I where she is 228-141 (61.8 pct) overall. Gordy Presnell is in his ninth season at Boise State where he is 137-115 (54.4 pct.), 533-242 (68.8 pct.) in his 27th season all-time.
- Mixing it Up, Leading Scorers: Boise State has had a different player lead the team in scoring during the first three games, Miqulle Askew scored a career-high-tying 18 against Southern Utah, Lexie Der had a career-high 22 versus Lewis-Clark State, while Keiahnna Engel tied her career-high at New Mexico State.
- Balanced Attack: Four Broncos average double figure scoring through the first three contests starting with Lexie Der (14.7 ppg), followed by Miquelle Askew (13 ppg), Brandi Henton (11.7 ppg) and Keiahnna Engel (10.3 ppg).
- Cleaning the Glass: Boise State has won the rebound battle in the last two games by an average of 11 boards per game, it has won the offensive rebounds in all three games by an average of 8.3 per game. On the year so far the Broncos are averaging a MW third-best 18.3 per game. Boise State is sixth in rebound offense (43 rpg), lead the MW in rebound defense/rebounds allowed (36.7 rpg) and are second in rebound margin at +6.3.
- Charity Stripe: Boise State leads the MW in free throw percentage hitting 79.1 percent (68-86) through three contests.
- Top 10 Team Performance: The Broncos hit 31-of-35 free throw attempts against Southern Utah in the opener tying for third most made in a game all-time at Boise State.