Oct. 16, 2014
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - Boise State experienced mixed success on the second day of the USTA/ITA Mountain Regional in Albuquerque, N.M., on Thursday. Megan LaLone advanced to the consolation round of 32 with a two-set victory, while Teal Vosburgh split two matches in the main draw.
LaLone regrouped this afternoon after a first round defeat on Wednesday, the junior won her first consolation match 6-0, 6-2 over UTEP's Anastasiya Sylenko. The victory advances her into Friday's consolation draw round of 32 against New Mexico State's Chloe Joliff.
Junior Teal Vosburgh reached today's round of 32 in the main draw with a quick straight-set victory over Victoria Robertson from Utah by scores of 6-1, 6-1. Vosburgh then fell in her second match of the day 6-2, 6-2 to New Mexico's Dominique Dulski.
Sophomore Milena Toseva also competed in the main draw's round of 64 today. She faced Utah's Tereza Bekerova who defeated the Bronco in three sets 7-6(1), 4-6, 6-3.
Also playing in singles on Thursday was freshman Arianna Paules Aldrey who took on Colorado State's Laia Hernandez in the consolation draw, falling in three sets 2-6, 7-6, 11-9.
Boise State's doubles team of LaLone and Vosburgh lost a heartbreaker to Wyoming's Christa Gecheva and Jessica Parizher in a tie-break 8-7.
BOISE STATE'S RESULTS
Thursday, Oct. 16
- Singles Matches
- Rd 64 Tereza Bekerova (Utah) def. Milena Toseva (BSU), 7-6 (1), 4-6, 6-3
- Rd 64 Teal Vosburgh (BSU) def. Victoria Robertson (Utah), 6-1, 6-1
- Rd 32 Dominique Dulski (UNM) def. Teal Vosburgh (BSU), 6-2, 6-2
- Cons. Megan LaLone (BSU) def. Anastasiya Sylenko (UTEP), 6-0, 6-2
- Cons. Laia Hernandez (CSU) def. Arianna Paules Aldrey (BSU), 2-6, 7-6, 11-9
THE BOISE STATE SCHEDULE
Friday, Oct. 17
- Singles Matches
- Cons. Megan LaLone (BSU) vs. Chloe Joliff (NMSU)