Nov. 10, 2014
This Week's Schedule and Quick Links
Boise State's Schedule
- Thursday (Nov. 13) at 8:00 p.m. (MT) - Boise State at Fresno State (Save Mart Center)
| Live Video
Social Media LinksTHIS WEEK FOR THE BRONCOS
- Boise State (15-11, 8-6 MW) continues the final stretch of the season in which the Broncos are on the road for five of their last six matches.
- This week the Broncos have one match which is at Fresno State (6-22, 1-13 MW) at 8 p.m. on Thursday.
- The lone home contest remaining will be the next contest versus San Diego State on Nov. 19.
- Boise State enters the week coming off a road sweep over San Jose State (3-0) and Nevada (3-0).
- The Broncos are tied for fifth-place in the league standings with Utah State.
Thursday ● at Fresno State Bulldogs
- Boise State plays its lone match of the week on the road at Fresno State at 8 p.m. (MT) on Thursday in the Save Mart Center.
- The Bulldogs lead the all-time series versus Boise State 20-9.
- The Broncos defeated Fresno State earlier this season in straight sets (25-14, 25-14, 25-14) on Oct. 18 at Boise.
- Fresno State enters the week at 6-22 overall and 1-13 in MW play ... the Bulldogs have lost 10 straight contests entering the Bronco encounter.
- Zana Bowens leads Fresno State with 313 kills on the year for a 3.1 per set average to rank ninth in MW, she is also second in service aces at 0.36 per set.
- The Bulldogs were picked by the 11 coaches in the conference to place eighth in the 2014 league race.
- Head Coach: Shawn Garus currently sits at 206-211 overall, 91-91 at Boise State ... he picked up his 200th career win as a collegiate head coach when the Broncos defeated Nevada (Oct. 9).
- Good Starts: Boise State is 14-2 when winning the first set and 1-9 when losing it ... the Broncos are 13-0 when winning the first two sets ... The win over Utah State (Oct. 14) was the first time the Broncos lost set one and won the match.
- Career Milestone Reached: Baugh became the eighth Bronco all-time to reach the 2,000 career assists milestone when she dished out 30 at Colorado State on Oct. 23 giving her 2,026 ... she currently has 2,228 to rank seventh all-time in career assists and third during the rally scoring era (RSE).
- Moving Up Season Records List: Baugh has accumulated a team-high 1,012 assists this season, which ranks 12th all-time and fifth during RSE.
- Baugh Joins the Club: Junior setter Sarah Baugh became the 12th Bronco ever to reach 1,000 assists in a season when she dished out 35 at Nevada (Nov. 8) to give her 1,012.
- Freshman Leader: Sierra Nobley has led (or tied for the lead) the team in kills during 18 of 26 matches this year.
- Nobley Having Record Setting Season: Nobley leads team in kills with 347, which ranks eighth during RSE ... she is currently tied for second all-time at Boise State for kills by a freshman, trailing only Cameron Flunder who had 354 her first season in 2003.
- Last Week's Leader: Sierra Nobley was the week 11 leader in kills with 22 followed closely by Kaitlyn Oliver with 18.
- Youth Movement: Boise State has been led primarily by its underclassmen this season. The top three in kills are freshman Sierra Nobley at 3.86 kills per set, sophomore Maddy O'Donnell at 2.77 kps and redshirt-freshman Kaitlyn Oliver at 2.33 kps.
- Record Setting Pace: Boise State is currently hitting 26.5 percent as a team which would set the all-time program record for a single season, the current record is 24.9 percent set in 1981.
- National Team Rankings: Boise State is ranked in the top 50 nationally in three different categories: hitting percentage at No. 21 (.265 pct), 22nd for kills per set (14.11) and 28th in assists per set (13.09).
- MW Team Rankings: On the year, the Broncos are third for hitting percentage (.265), second in kills per set (14.11) and second in assists per set (13.09).
- Sarah Baugh: Assists per set 11.12 (MW 2nd, NCAA 25th), total assists 1,012 (MW 3rd, NCAA 70th).
- Hannah Hubbard: Digs per set 3.63 (MW 6th).
- Sierra Nobley: Kills per set 3.86 (MW 2nd, NCAA 64th), total kills 347 (MW 3rd, NCAA 99th), points per set 4.33 (MW 2nd).
- Maddy O'Donnell: Hitting percentage of .384 (MW 3rd, NCAA 34th), kills per set 2.77 (MW 16th), service aces per set 0.32 (MW 3rd), blocks per set 1.15 (MW 11th, NCAA 101st).
- Kaitlyn Oliver: Hitting percentage .372 (MW 5th, NCAA 47th) ... is hitting 36.8 percent in MW play to rank second in the conference.