March 17, 2014
Box Score | Lewis-Clark State Match Photo Gallery
BOISE, Idaho - Boise State's women's tennis team defeated Lewis-Clark State 7-0 Sunday afternoon in Boise. The Broncos swept all three doubles matches to claim the team point then followed by sweeping all six singles matches. Megan LaLone clinched the team victory on court four where she defeated LCSC's Deanri Human in straight sets 6-0, 6-1. The win improves the Broncos to 8-6 overall with a four match win streak.
Boise State swept the doubles matches beginning on court one where Sandy Vo and Megan LaLone defeated Bryn Oliveira and Rye Hewett 8-0. The No. 2 doubles went to the Broncos with Anissa Bryant-Swift and Bobbi Oshiro's 8-1 victory over Human and Lauren Lang. Rounding out the doubles was Morgan Basil and Sammie Watson who won 8-3 on court three over Netti Dayhuff and Florencia Martina.
Singles began with Oshiro's 6-0, 6-0 victory on court six over LCSC's Dayhuff. Followed by Basil who downed Oliveira also by scores of 6-0 and 6-0 to make the team score Boise State 3-0.
LaLone's victory on court four clinched the match, followed by three more Bronco wins in singles to complete the sweep. Vo was the fourth singles victory winning 6-1, 6-2 over Hewett on court one. Watson finished shortly after Vo defeating the Warrior's Lang 6-2, 6-0, while Bryant-Swift wrapped the day up with a 6-3, 6-2 win at No. 2 singles.
Boise State now hits the road for Cal State Northridge and a Mountain West match against San Diego State next weekend.
Lewis-Clark State at Boise State
March 16, 2014
Boise, Idaho (Appleton Tennis Center)
Boise State def. Lewis-Clark State 7-0
1. Vo/LaLone (BSU) def. Oliveira/Hewett (LCSC), 8-0
2. Bryant-Swift/Oshiro (BSU) def. Human/Lang (LCSC), 8-1
3. Basil/Watson (BSU) def. Dayhuff/Martina (LCSC) 8-3
Order of finish: 1,2,3
1. Sandy Vo (BSU) def. Rye Hewett (LCSC), 6-1, 6-2
2. Anissa Bryant-Swift (BSU) def. Florencia Martina (LCSC), 6-3, 6-2
3. Morgan Basil (BSU) def. Bryn Oliveira (LCSC), 6-0, 6-0
4. Megan LaLone (BSU) def. Deanri Human (LCSC), 6-0, 6-1
5. Sammie Watson (BSU) def. Lauren Lang (LCSC), 6-2, 6-0
6. Bobbi Oshiro (BSU) def. Netti Dayhuff (LCSC), 6-0, 6-0
Order of finish: 6,3,4,1,5,2