April 5, 2014
Day 2 Photo Gallery
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Boise State came up on the wrong side of the scoreboard in the battle between the Broncos as the Blue and Orange fell 5-0 to Santa Clara Saturday afternoon at the Sacramento State Invitational. Boise State struggled against the Santa Clara Broncos dropping all five matches. The loss moves Boise State to 1-3 on the year with one more chance to collect a win this weekend on the slate tomorrow against Sacramento State.
Boise State saw its No. 4 and 5 pairs battle to three sets before bowing out with loses. At the fives Izzy Miller and Maddy O'Donnell battled from one set down to force a third but eventually fell 10-21, 21-13, 15-8. The No. 4 pair of Kaitlyn Oliver and Sarah Baugh found themselves in a tight match winning their first set, but unfortunately Santa Clara's Sarah Vaccaro and Madison Dutra rallied to win the final two sets to take a 17-21, 23-21, 15-13 win.
The final three matches went two sets starting with the No. 3 pair of Casey Rose and Taylor Murphey who lost 21-9, 21-15. Sarah Horton and Laney Hayes went down 21-18, 21-19 at the twos, while Alyssa Gammel and Brittany Reardon fell 21-14, 21-11 at the No. 1 position.
FINAL MATCH SUMMARY
Santa Clara (4-3) Vs. Boise State (1-3)
Sacramento State Invitational
April 5, 2014 at Sacramento, Calif.
Santa Clara def. Boise State 5-0
1. Taylor Milton / Nikki Hess (SCU) def. Alyssa Gammel / Brittany Reardon (BSU), 21-14, 21-11
2. Danielle Rottman / Sabrina Clayton (SCU) def. Sarah Horton / Laney Hayes (BSU), 21-18, 21-19
3. Taylor Dayton / GiGi Cresto (SCU) def. Casey Rose / Taylor Murphey (BSU), 21-9, 21-15
4. Sarah Vaccaro / Madison Dutra (SCU) def. Kaitlyn Oliver / Sarah Baugh (BSU), 17-21, 23-21, 15-13
5. Lacey Maas / Katy Schatzman (SCU) def. Izzy Miller / Maddy O'Donnell (BSU), 10-21, 21-13, 15-8