April 5, 2014
Box Score | Portland State Match Photo Gallery
BOISE, Idaho - Boise State's seniors closed out their home careers with a dominating 7-0 victory over the Portland State Vikings Saturday afternoon at the Appleton Tennis Center in Boise. All three seniors Morgan Basil, Anissa Bryant-Swift and Sandy Vo won their final home singles matches to lead Boise State to the win and extend the Broncos' win streak to four. Boise State did not lose a set for the second match in a row as the Broncos improved to 12-8 overall with the win, while Portland State fell to 5-6.
Boise State began by winning the doubles point with wins on courts two and three. Bryant-Swift and Teal Vosburgh cruised to a 8-2 victory at No. 2 doubles over Marina Todd and Sabina-Elena Preda. Basil and Sammie Watson were just as dominating with a 8-1 win on court three to clinch the team point. The third match on court one was not completed following the team point being decided. Vo and LaLone were leading 5-2 at the time the match was abandoned.
All six singles matches were decided in straight sets beginning with Watson's quick win on court six over Ayaka Terakawa 6-1, 6-1. Watson is now 12-6 on the year in singles.
Basil was the next to finish at No. 5 singles where she dispatched Portland State's Alexa McDonald with a pair of 6-0 scores. The senior from St. Petersburg, Fla., went to 17-10 on the year with the win.
The decisive point came on court two where senior Bryant-Swift put away the Vikings' Todd 6-1, 6-1 to clinch the team victory and improve her singles mark to 18-11 overall.
LaLone was the fourth to finish in singles defeating PSU's Govi 6-2, 6-2 on court four. LaLone moved to 18-11 on the year and team-best 14-5 in duals this spring.
Sandy Vo finished her home career with a 7-6 (4), 6-1 win at No. 1 singles. The Melbourne, Australia native, is now 17-8 overall and 12-5 at No.1 singles in duals this semester.
The final match decided was on court three where Vosburgh tallied a 6-4, 6-4 win over Sabina-Elena Preda. That gave the Broncos a clean sweep of the Vikings as Vosburgh increased her overall record to 18-10 in singles.
FINAL MATCH SUMMARY
Portland State (5-6) at Boise State (12-8)
April 5, 2014 at Boise, Idaho (Appleton Tennis Center)
Boise State 7, Portland State 0
1. Megan LaLone/Sandy Vo (BSU-W) vs. Megan Govi/Dane Vorster (PSU) 5-2, unfinished
2. Anissa Bryant-Swift/Teal Vosburgh (BSU-W) def. Marina Todd/Sabina-Elena Preda (PSU) 8-2
3. Morgan Basil/Sammie Watson (BSU-W) def. Alexa McDonald/Ayaka Terakawa (PSU) 8-1
Order of finish: 2,3
1. Sandy Vo (BSU-W) def. Dane Vorster (PSU) 7-6 (7-4), 6-1
2. Anissa Bryant-Swift (BSU-W) def. Marina Todd (PSU) 6-1, 6-1
3. Teal Vosburgh (BSU-W) def. Sabina-Elena Preda (PSU) 6-4, 6-4
4. Megan LaLone (BSU-W) def. Megan Govi (PSU) 6-2, 6-2
5. Morgan Basil (BSU-W) def. Alexa McDonald (PSU) 6-0, 6-0
6. Sammie Watson (BSU-W) def. Ayaka Terakawa (PSU) 6-1, 6-1
Order of finish: 6,5,2,4,1,3