Sept. 10, 2015
Kaitlyn Oliver the reigning Mountain West Player of the Week.
NORTH TEXAS INVITATIONAL
Sept. 11-12 at Denton, Texas
University of North Texas | UNT Volleyball Center
Friday, Sept. 11
- Match 1: Boise State at North Texas at 6:00 p.m. (Mountain)
- | Twitter
Saturday, Sept. 12
- Match 2: Boise State Vs. Houston at 12 p.m. (Mountain)
- | Twitter
- Match 3: Boise State Vs. Abilene Christian at 3:30 p.m. (Mountain)
- | Twitter
THIS WEEK FOR THE BRONCOS
- The Broncos (3-3) begin a stretch of three-consecutive weeks on the road this weekend when they travel to the North Texas Invitational in Denton, Texas.
- Boise State will start with the North Texas Eagles (4-4, 1-0 CUSA) at 6 p.m. (all times are Mountain) on Friday.
- The action will continue with a pair of contests on Saturday against the Houston Cougars (5-1) at 12 p.m. and the Abilene Christian Wildcats (0-6) at 3:30 p.m.
- Follow the action: This week there is no live video to watch. The only way to follow the team is via live stats on GameTracker at BroncoSports.com, the link is available for on the front page's Scoreboard.
Head Coach Shawn Garus
- Garus currently sits at 212-215 overall in his 15-year career as a collegiate head coach.
- Garus is currently 97-95 at Boise State in his seventh season.
- Garus ranks second in total wins in program history.
Oliver Named MW POW
- Kaitlyn Oliver is this week's Mountain West Player of the Week (Sept. 7) for her performance last weekend.
- She was named to the Boise State Invitational All-Tournament team.
- Recorded 28 kills and team-high 13 blocks during the tournament to average a team-second-best 2.8 kills and team-high 1.3 blocks per set.
- Hit a team-high 48.9 percent for players with 20-plus attempts (28-6-45).
Team Statistical Rankings
- After two weeks the Broncos lead the Mountain West and are ranked high nationally in three statistical categories.
- Hitting percentage of .291 leads the MW and is 15th nationally ... they finished 2014 ranked 24th nationally at .263.
- They average 14.45 kills per set to lead the MW and ranked 15th nationally ... they finished last year ranked 17th at 14.21 kps.
- Boise State dishes out 13.55 assists per set to lead the MW and rank 14th nationally ... they were 15th nationally at the end of 2014 at 13.25.
Nobley on the Attack
- Sophomore outside hitter Sierra Nobley has led the Broncos in kills during the first six contests of the season.
- She leads the MW and is ranked eighth nationally for kills per set at 4.95.
- Nobley leads the MW and is 12th in NCAA for points per set at 5.35.
Baugh Dishing It Out
- Senior setter Sarah Baugh currently leads the MW and is 19th nationally in assists per set at 11.4.
- She is tied for fourth in the MW and 90th in NCAA for total assists at 228.
- Was named to last weekend's Boise State Invitational All-Tournament Team.
The Great Wall of Oliver
- Redshirt-sophomore Kaitlyn Oliver leads the Broncos and is tied for eighth in the MW for blocks per set at 1.0.
- Oliver ranks second in MW and 17th nationally in hitting percentage at .457.
THIS WEEK'S OPPOSITION
North Texas (4-4, 1-0 CUSA)
- The UNT Eagles enter the weekend at 4-4 overall, 1-0 in Conference USA and 1-0 at home.
- They are 3-1 in their last four contests including a 3-0 win Monday night over UAB in Denton.
- North Texas was picked to place fourth out of 13 teams in CUSA.
- They return five starters and nine letterwinners from 2014.
- Senior outside hitter Carnae Dillard leads UNT with 168 kills for a 5.25 per set which ranks her third nationally.
- Boise State leads the all-time series 9-0, which began when they were conference rivals in the Big West (1996-1999).
- The two last met on Sept. 13, 2013 in Boise when the Broncos defeated the Eagles 3-1.
Houston (5-1, 0-0 AAC)
- The Cougars enter the weekend 5-1 overall and on a three-match win streak.
- Houston won the Sawyer Camillo Memorial Classic last weekend in Lafayette, La., with wins over Nicholls State (3-2), Jackson State (3-0) and Louisiana-Lafayette (3-1).
- UH is led by Brookah Palmer at 4.78 kills per set ... Olivia O'Dell is the reigning American Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Week.
- Houston returns 10 letterwinners and four starters from 2014 and were picked to place 11th in the AAC 2015 race.
- Houston won the only previous meeting between the programs 3-0 on Sept. 12, 2009 in Los Angeles, Calif.
Abilene Christian (0-6, 0-0 Southland)
- ACU enters the tournament 0-6 overall.
- The Wildcats were picked to place 12th out of 13 teams in the 2015 Southland Conference race.
- They return seven letterwinners and five starters from last season.
- Jennifer Loerch leads ACU at 3.41 kills per set.
- This is the first meeting in the series.