Oct. 25, 2016
2016-17 MOUNTAIN WEST WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PREVIEW SHOW
This release is courtesy of the Mountain West Conference
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The 2016-17 Mountain West women's basketball preview show will be broadcast on the Mountain West Network and Facebook Live beginning at 2 p.m. MT/1 p.m. PT on Wednesday, October 26. Hosted by the MWN's Jesse Kurtz and Stormy Buonantony, the preview show will feature coach and player interviews from all 11 campuses.
Coverage begins at 11 a.m. MT/10 a.m. PT with the announcement of the 2016-17 MW women's basketball predicted order of finish and preseason All-Conference honorees using Facebook Live on the MW's official Facebook page.
Below is a listing of the coaches and student-athletes interviewed at each school:
- Air Force: Head coach Chris Gobrecht and junior guard Cortney Porter (Ogden, Utah); Interviewer - Air Force Director of Falcon Vision Brian Jerman
- Boise State: Head coach Gordy Presnell and senior guard Brooke Pahukoa (Lake Stevens, Washington); Interviewer - Boise State women's basketball radio play-by-play announcer Chris Lewis
- Colorado State: Head coach Ryun Williams and senior guard Ellen Nystrom (Lulea, Sweden); Interviewer - Colorado State women's basketball radio play-by-play announcer Matt Wozniak
- Fresno State: Head coach Jaime White and junior center Bego Faz Davalos (San Luis Potosí, Mexico); Interviewer - Fresno State Director of New Media Stephen Trembley
- Nevada: Head coach Jane Albright and junior forward Teige Zeller (Los Lunas, New Mexico); Interviewer - Nevada women's basketball radio play-by-play announcer Don Marchand
- New Mexico: Head coach Mike Bradbury and junior guard Cherise Beynon (Las Vegas, Nevada); Interviewer - New Mexico men's basketball radio play-by-play announcer Robert Portnoy
- San Diego State: Head coach Stacie Terry and junior guard McKynzie Fort (Fontana, California); Interviewer - San Diego State women's basketball radio play-by-play announcer Chris Ello
- San José State: Head coach Jamie Craighead and senior point guard Dezz Ramos (West Valley, Utah); Interviewer - San José State Athletics Broadcast and Digital Media Coordinator Justin Allegri
- UNLV: Head coach Kathy Olivier and junior guard Brooke Johnson (Hanford, California); Interviewer - UNLV women's basketball MWN play-by-play announcer Tyler Bischoff
- Utah State: Head coach Jerry Finkbeiner and sophomore guard Rachel Brewster (Melbourne, Victoria, Australia; Interviewer - Utah State women's basketball radio play-by-play announcer Craig Hislop
- Wyoming: Head coach Joe Legerski and junior guard Liv Roberts (Missoula, Montana); Interviewer - Wyoming women's basketball radio play-by-play announcer Reece Monaco
The 2016-17 women's basketball season begins on Friday, November 11. Over 180 Mountain West women's basketball games will be broadcast on the Mountain West Network this year, beginning with Wyoming's exhibition game against South Dakota Mines on Friday, November 4 at 6:30 p.m. MT. The broadcast schedule includes the 2017 Mountain West Women's Basketball Championship on March 6-10at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.
Fans can watch live MWN broadcasts for free, live or on-demand, on TheMW.com. The MWN is also available on each institution's official athletics website, as well as on Campus Insiders.com. Fans can also download the official mobile applications of the Mountain West and Campus Insiders through the App Store on Apple devices and Google Play on Android devices to tune in to the action.
For more live and on-demand content throughout the season, fans can follow the entire suite of Mountain West social media channels on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and YouTube. Visit the MW's Social Media Hub for direct links to each of those accounts, along with social media information for each MW member institution. Plus, be sure to utilize the #MWBB hashtag throughout the 2016-17 women's basketball season.