Feb. 12, 2016
Boise State (16-7, 9-3 MW) at Wyoming (11-11, 4-8 MW)WHAT'S HAPPENING
GAME PREVIEWWyoming | Saturday, Feb. 13 | Laramie, Wyo.Wyoming Scouting Report
- The Game: Boise State (16-7, 9-3 MW) will look to regroup on Saturday when the Broncos travel to play Wyoming (11-11, 4-8 MW) at 2 p.m. (Mountain) in Laramie.
- Last Time: Boise, Idaho (Jan. 23) - Shalen Shaw recorded her seventh double-double in eight games with 20 points and 11 rebounds to lead Boise State over Wyoming 58-49 at Taco Bell Arena ... tied at 40 with 7:03 to go in the game, Shaw hit a 3-pointer to spark a 7-0 Boise State run to take the lead for good ... the Broncos then stretched their advantage out to a game-high 11 points, 54-43 with 2:16 left.
- Next Up: The Broncos will return home to host the New Mexico Lobos (12-10, 6-6 MW) at 7 p.m. (Mountain) on Wednesday in their lone game of the week.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women's games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his third season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
Boise State Scouting Report
- Record: The Cowgirls are currently in eighth place in the MW standings at 4-8 and are 11-11 overall ... they had Wednesday off, prior to that Wyoming defeated Air Force 84-56 at home followed by a 84-75 loss at Utah State last Saturday.
- Preseason Poll: The Cowgirls were picked to place seventh out of 11 teams in the preseason MW coaches'/media poll.
- UW Leaders: On the year Marquelle Dent leads Wyoming averaging 17.3 points (3rd MW) and 5.5 assists (1st MW)per game ... Marta Gomez adds 11 points (t-15th MW) per game.
- Wyoming as a Team: On the year, the Cowgirls are averaging 65 points (5th MW) per game and allow 62.3 (6th MW) ... Wyoming is shooting 40.3 percent (4th MW) from the floor, 31.2 percent (4th MW) from 3-point range and 73.3 percent (3rd MW) from the free-throw line ... defensively, UW holds opponents to 39.3 percent (7th MW) from the floor and 27.1 percent (2nd MW) from beyond the arc.
- Record: The Broncos enter the game at 16-7 overall and 9-3 in MW play, third place ... they are coming off a 83-51 home loss Wednesday to Colorado State (Feb. 10) ... Prior to that they had won eight straight including recent wins over New Mexico (Jan. 30) 81-60 and Utah State (Feb. 3) 63-58, both on the road, before defeating Air Force (Feb. 6) 61-48 in Boise.
- Bronco Leaders: Boise State is led by Brooke Pahukoa averaging 15.3 points (4th MW) and 5.4 rebounds (16th MW) per game ... Shalen Shaw averages 13.2 points (8th MW) and team-high 9.1 rebounds (2nd MW) per game, she leads the MW in league contests averaging 11 rebounds per game ... Miquelle Askew adds 12.9 points (9th MW) and 5.1 rebounds per game.
- As a Team: Boise State averages 69.4 points (2nd MW) per game on the year and is shooting 42.6 percent (2nd MW) from the floor, 32.9 percent (1st MW) from the 3-point arc and 73.9 percent (2nd MW / 37th NCAA) from the free-throw line ... defensively, the Broncos are holding teams to 61.8 points per game (5th MW) on 38.5 percent (6th MW) shooting from the floor and 28.9 percent (3rd MW) from beyond the arc.
- Preseason Poll: Boise State who went 22-11 overall and 11-7 (4th) in the Mountain West Conference during 2014-15 was picked to place third out of 11 teams in this year's MW preseason poll.
- MW Champs: Boise State won the 2015 MW Tournament and advanced to the NCAA first round where the Broncos fell 72-61 at Tennessee.
BRONCO QUICK HITS
- Record: This is the 17th meeting all-time between the two programs with the series tied at 8-8 and 4-4 in the MW regular-season series.
- In Laramie: Boise State has never won in Laramie and is 0-6 all-time.
- In Boise: The Broncos lead 7-1 when playing in Boise, including a 58-49 win on Jan. 23.
- Boise State vs. Mountain West: The Broncos are 123-91 all-time versus the current membership of the Mountain West Conference.
- Boise State saw its eight game win streak come to an end on Wednesday when it fell to Colorado State ... that streak was the longest since the Broncos joined the Mountain West for 2011-12.
- The eight game win streak was the longest in conference play since the 2007-08 Western Athletic Conference Championship season when the Broncos won 14 straight.
- Miquelle Askew scored 23 points last week versus Utah State and Air Force to move into ninth-place on the Boise State career scoring list with 1,192 points ... she now has 1,197.
- Miquelle Askew grabbed five rebounds against Air Force to move into 15th on the career list with 553 ... she now has 554 and needs 38 to move into 14th.
- Shalen Shaw recorded her ninth double-double in the last 14 games in the loss to CSU on Wednesday with 11 points and 11 rebounds, both team highs ... her eight double-doubles in league play is a conference best.
- Shalen Shaw has recorded 10 or more rebounds in 11 of the last 13 games, including a current streak of 11 in each of the last three games against Utah State, Air Force and Colorado State.
PAHUKOA EIGHTH NATIONALLY FROM THE ARC
PAHUKOA AMONG THE BEST FROM FREE-THROW LINE
- Brooke Pahukoa leads the MW in 3-point percentage hitting 44.9 percent, eighth nationally.
- She has been ranked as high as second on Jan. 17th (49.4 pct.) and again on Feb. 2 (47.7 pct.) for 3-point percentage.
BRONCOS ARE 37TH IN NCAA
- Boise State junior Brooke Pahukoa is among the best free throw shooters all-time at Boise State shooting 84.2 percent which would be a new school record if her career was over ... current record is .823 by Nadia Begay (2003-07).
- This year she is shooting 81.9 percent fourth in MW ... in league games she is third at .867.
- Last year she had a streak of 30 straight from the line, second longest all-time two short of tying record.
- This year she had a streak of 23 consecutive free throws.
- As a team the Broncos are second in the MW and are ranked 37th in the nation for free throw percentage at 73.9 percent.
- IThe Broncos are in range to set a new Boise State record, the current high is 74.2 percent in 2011-12.