Feb. 13, 2016
Boise State women's tennis dropped a 6-1 decision against Utah Saturday, in Salt Lake City. Freshman Hanna Kantenwein picked up the Broncos' lone win in singles, playing on court one for the first time.
Kantenwein defeated Margo Pletcher 7-5, 2-6, 10-2 and improved to 3-2 on the year in singles competition. The freshman started at No. 3 singles where she went 1-1 before moving up to No. 2 where she also went 1-1 before getting the call to top the Broncos' singles lineup.
The rest of the Broncos (2-3) were knocked off in straight sets. Utah (4-2) took the doubles point by winning the first two matches on courts one and two.
The Broncos return home next weekend to play two matches. Boise State hosts Idaho State Friday (Feb. 19) at 6 p.m. at Crane Creek Country Club. The Broncos will also take on South Dakota Sunday (Feb. 21), at 9 a.m. at Boas Tennis Complex. Idaho State and South Dakota will meet Saturday (Feb. 20), at 11 a.m. at Boas Tennis Complex.
Utah 6 Boise State 1
1. Pletcher/Turley (Utah) def. LaLone/de Hart (Boise State) 6-0
2. Richter/Petrovic (Utah) def. Toseva/Kantenwein (Boise State) 6-1
3. Da Rosa/Calton (Utah) vs. Paules Aldrey/Oshiro (Boise State) Unfinished
Order of Finish: 1, 2
1. Hanna Kantenwein (Boise State) def. Margo Pletcher (Utah) 7-5, 2-6, 10-2
2. Sarah Richter (Utah) def. Teal Vosburgh (Boise State) 6-1, 6-0
3. Brianna Turley (Utah) def. Bobbi Oshiro (Boise State) 6-3, 6-4
4. Jena Cheng (Utah) def. Arianna Paules Aldrey (Boise State) 6-0, 6-4
5. Taylor Calton (Utah) def. Milena Toseva (Boise State) 6-2, 6-0
6. Alexia Patrovic (Utah) def. Nancy Menjivar (Boise State) 6-1, 6-0
Order of Finish: 2, 5, 4, 6, 3, 1