Feb. 5, 2016
Air Force (0-21, 0-10 MW) at Boise State (15-6, 8-2 MW)
- Facts: Saturday, Feb. 6 | 2 p.m. (Mountain) | Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
- Parking: Free parking is available in the Albertsons Stadium Parking Lots
- Admission: Adults: $6 | Senior Citizens (62 YOA): $4 | Youth: $4 | Boise State Students: Free with student ID card
- Live Video | Live Audio | | Twitter
PROMOTION(S): National Women in Sports Day and Camper Reunion ... wear your camp shirt and receive free admission (12 & over will need to sign in), while parents/family of campers get $3 ticket) ... post-game autographs.
- The Game: Boise State (15-6, 8-2 MW) has won seven straight games entering Saturday's encounter at home against Air Force (0-21, 0-10 MW) at 2 p.m. in Taco Bell Arena ... this is the only meeting between the two during the regular season.
- Next Up: The Broncos will host a huge game next Wednesday (Feb. 10) when league leading Colorado State (19-1, 9-0 MW) comes to town.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women's games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his third season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
Air Force | Saturday, Feb. 6 | Boise, Idaho
Air Force Scouting Report
- Record: The Falcons have struggled in their first year under head coach Chris Gobrecht going 0-21 overall and 0-10 in league play.
- Preseason Poll: The Falcons were picked to place 11th out of 11 teams in the MW preseason coaches'/media poll.
- AFA Leaders: Cortney Porter leads Air Force averaging 10.8 points (18th MW) and 3.1 assists (9th MW) per game ... Mary Cavanaugh adds 6.5 points.
- Air Force as a Team: On the year, the Falcons are averaging 46.9 points (11th MW) per game and allow 70.7 (10th MW) ... AFA is shooting 32.1 percent (11th MW) from the floor, 23 percent (11th MW) from 3-point range and 58.8 percent (11th MW) from the free-throw line ... defensively Air Force holds opponents to 46.1 percent (11th MW) from the floor and 35.5 percent (11th MW) from beyond the arc.
Boise State Scouting Report
- Record: The Broncos enter the game at 15-6 overall and 8-2 in MW play, third place ... they have won seven straight, the longest win streak since joining the MW for the 2011-12 season ... most recently the Broncos defeated New Mexico (Jan. 30) 81-60 and Utah State (Feb. 3) 63-58, both on the road.
- Bronco Leaders: Boise State is led by Brooke Pahukoa the reigning MW Player of the Week, averaging 16.2 points (4th MW) and 5.5 rebounds (16th MW) per game ... Miquelle Askew, last week's MW Player of the Week, adds 13.5 points (9th MW) and 5.3 rebounds (18th MW) per game ... Shalen Shaw averages 13.2 points (10th MW) and team-high 9.0 rebounds (2nd MW) per game, she leads the MW in league contests averaging 11 rebounds per game.
- As a Team: Boise State averages 70.7 points (2nd MW) per game on the year and is shooting 43.3 percent (2nd MW / 50th NCAA) from the floor, 33.9 percent (1st MW / 65th NCAA) from the 3-point arc and 74.9 percent (1st MW / 25th NCAA) from the free-throw line ... defensively, the Broncos are holding teams to 61.5 points per game (6th MW) on 38.2 percent (6th MW) shooting from the floor and 27.5 percent (3rd MW) from beyond the arc.
- Preseason Poll: Boise State who went 22-11 overall and 11-7 (4th) in the Mountain West Conference during 2014-15 was picked to place third out of 11 teams in this year's MW preseason poll.
- MW Champs: Boise State won the 2015 MW Tournament and advanced to the NCAA first round where the Broncos fell 72-61 at Tennessee.
- Record: This is the 11th meeting all-time between the two programs ... the Broncos hold a 9-1 advantage overall and a 7-1 lead in the MW regular-season series.
- In Boise: The Broncos lead the series 5-0 in games played at Boise.
- Boise State vs. Mountain West: The Broncos are 122-90 all-time versus the current membership of the Mountain West Conference.
BRONCO QUICK HITS
- Boise State has won seven straight which is the longest win streak since the Broncos joined the Mountain West for 2011-12.
- The seven game win streak is the longest in conference play since the 2007-08 Western Athletic Conference Championship season when the Broncos won 14 straight.
- The school record for longest win streak overall is 15, accomplished three times with the most recent coming during the 2007-08 WAC championship run.
- Miquelle Askew scored 15 points at Utah State (Feb. 3) to move into ninth-place on the Boise State career scoring list with 1,184 points.
- Miquelle Askew needs one rebound against Air Force to move into sole possession of 16th on the career list, she is currently tied for 16th with Kinzi Poteet (2009-15) at 548 ... she needs six to tie for 15th at 552.
- Shalen Shaw recorded her ninth game in the last 11 in double-figure rebounds with 11 at Utah State (Feb. 3).
- Boise State is a +13.6 in scoring during the seven game win streak.
- During the streak Boise State has played 280 minutes, of that the Broncos have trailed for only 48:05.
- Of the 48:05 that the Broncos have trailed 26:49 came at San Jose State, meaning in the other six contests combined they have trailed for only 21:16 of 240 minutes.
- Boise State has lost six games this season, all by five points or less and by a combined total of 21 points ... twice by two points, once by three, once by four and twice by five.
- In the pair of two point losses the Broncos had chances to tie or win with last second shots.
- The Broncos are 3-6 this year in games decided by five points or less.
PAHUKOA SECOND NATIONALLY FROM THE ARC
- Brooke Pahukoa leads the MW in 3-point percentage hitting 45.8 percent, eighth nationally.
- She has been ranked as high as second on Jan. 17th (49.4 pct.) and Feb. 2 (47.7 pct.) for 3-point percentage.
- She is in range to potentially break the school season record of 46.9 percent set by Missy Dallas (38-of-81) during the 1987-88 season.
- The MW record for a season is 50.4 percent (69-of-137) by Julie Larsen of Utah in 2005-06.
BRONCOS ARE 25TH IN NCAA
- As a team the Broncos lead the MW and are ranked 25th in the nation for free throw percentage at 74.9 percent.
- If the season was over today that would be a new Boise State record, the current high is 74.2 percent in 2011-12.