Jan. 24, 2017
NEXT UP FOR THE BRONCOS
- GAME 19: Boise State (14-4, 4-3 MW) at Nevada (7-11, 1-6 MW)
- LOCATION: Reno, Nev. (Lawlor Events Center)
- DATE: Wednesday, Jan. 25
- TIME: 7:30 p.m. (Mountain)
- SERIES: Boise State leads the series 36-15
- INTERNET VIDEO STREAM: Watch Live on Mountain West Network
- RADIO BROADCAST: Listen Live on KTIK, AM 1350
- LIVE STATS:
- PROMOTION: Family Day, family members get into game for $3 each.
Boise State Notes
Follow the Broncos On Social MediaWHAT'S HAPPENING
A QUICK GAME PREVIEW
- The Game: The Broncos (14-4, 4-3 MW) hits the road for Reno to face the Nevada Wolf Pack (7-10, 1-5 MW) at 7:30 p.m. (MT) Wednesday night at the Lawlor Events Center.
- Next Up: Boise State returns home Saturday to host league leading Wyoming (15-3, 7-0 MW) at 1 p.m. in Taco Bell Arena.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women's games throughout the season. Chris Lewis is in his fourth season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
- Watch Live: The game will be broadcast live on the internet via the Mountain West Network on BroncoSports.com.
- Boise State is coming off a split last week falling 75-68 at New Mexico, then defeated San Jose State in Boise 86-64 Saturday to improve to 14-4 overall and 4-3 in Mountain West play.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads Boise State on the year averaging 14.7 points per game (6th MW) ... Shalen Shaw adds 11 points (17th MW) and team-high 7.2 rebounds (12th MW) per game.
- Boise State leads the Mountain West in scoring offense averaging 72.4 points per game while shooting 40.3 percent (5th MW) from the floor and 35.3 percent (2nd MW) from behind the arc.
- Nevada is 7-11 overall and 1-6 in MW play ... the Wolf Pack are also coming a split last week with a 56-51 win at Air Force followed by a 68-54 loss at Fresno State.
- Stephanie Schmid leads Nevada averaging 12.4 points (11th MW) per game ... Riana Everidge adds 12.1 points (t-12th MW) and 5.1 rebounds per game.
- On the year Nevada is averaging 68.6 points (4th MW) per game, while allowing 72.3 ppg (10th MW) ... the Wolf Pack shoot 38.4 percent (6th MW) from the floor as a team and 33.3 percent (5th MW) from beyond the arc.
- This will be the 52nd meeting in the series all-time which Boise State leads 36-15 and 6-1 in the MW regular-season series.
- This is Boise State's oldest rivalry in the MW stretching back to 1988 and five different conferences.
- The Broncos have won three straight contests over the Wolf Pack.
BRONCO FASTBREAK NOTESTEAM NOTES
- The Broncos are 4-3 in conference play following a 86-64 win over San Jose State last Saturday in Boise.
- Boise State is now 13-4 overall and 9-1 in Taco Bell Arena this season.
- Boise State has a balanced offensive attack and has had three or more players reach double-figure scoring in 14 of the first 18 games ... they are 12-2 in those 14 contests.
- Balanced attack with nine players having scored double-digit points this season, six have led the team in scoring at least once ... no one has led the team in scoring more than seven times (Brooke Pahukoa).
- The Broncos currently have two players averaging double-digit points led by Brooke Pahukoa (14.7 ppg) followed by Shalen Shaw (11.0 ppg) ... five players average 8.2 or more points per game.
- Four Broncos have reached double-digit points at least eight times each and a total of six have had five or more with a high of 12 by Shaw.
- Boise State is second in the MW for 3-point percentage as a team at .353 ... they are 23rd in the nation for total 3-pointers made at 157 and 12th nationally for 3-pointers made per game at 8.7.
- Defensively, Boise State ranks second in the MW and is 28th nationally in 3-point defense holding opponents to 27.5 percent from beyond the arc.
- On the year the Broncos have two of the top-15 3-point shooters in the MW, Brooke Pahukoa (.398) is seventh, while Riley Lupfer (.391) is eighth.
- The Broncos started the season off at 12-1 overall which tied for the best start in program history after 13 games, since the 1974-75 squad set the school record at 12-0 before dropping to 12-1 ... the 1971-72 and 1973-74 teams also went 12-1.
- Boise State just completed its best pre-conference campaign in program history at 10-1.
- Winter Chill, Boise State shot 38.8 percent from 3-point range in nonconference play to lead the MW and rank 17th nationally, since Christmas and the start of league the Broncos have struggled shooting a chilly 29.9 percent to rank eighth in the MW for conference games.
- Head coach Gordy Presnell hit the 600 career wins milestone against Portland (Dec. 18), Presnell is the 32nd coach in NCAA DI history to hit the mark ... he now has 605 wins.
- Yaiza Rodriguez has dished out nine or more assists in six contests to date and six or more in 12 games ... she has three with 10-plus.
- Rodriguez is first in the MW and 11th nationally in assists per game at 6.9.
- Rodriguez set the school's career assists record earlier this fall at 452 and has since stretched it out to 548.
- Rodriguez is now fourth in MW history for career assists at 548.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads the team and ranks sixth in the MW for points per game at 14.7 ... she has nine games in double-digit points, six with 20-plus, including two straight with 21 at New Mexico (Jan. 18) and 23 versus San Jose State (Jan. 21).
- Brooke Pahukoa has moved into 11th all-time (1,166) for career points at Boise State, five (1,171) short of tying for 10th.
- Brooke Pahukoa is seventh in the MW for 3-point percentage at .398 and is second in the league for 3-pointers per game at 2.3.
- Shalen Shaw is second on team and 17th in MW for scoring at 11.0 points per game ... she leads the team and is 12th in MW for rebounds at 7.2 per game.
- Shaw tallied a team-high eight rebounds against Concordia (Dec. 7) to reach the 500 career rebounds milestone ... she currently stands at 577 to rank 16th all-time at Boise State, three short of sole possession of 15th.
- Shaw ranks fourth in the MW for career double-doubles with 14, two this season.
- Marijke Vanderschaaf is averaging 6.6 rebounds per game (2nd on team / 14th MW) and has 12 games with six or more boards ... she had a career-high 11 in win at Colorado State (Dec. 31).
- Vanderschaaf has scored double-figure points in eight of the last 14 contests including a career-high 22 at San Diego State (Jan. 7).