Jan. 27, 2017
NEXT UP FOR THE BRONCOS
- GAME 20: Wyoming (15-4, 7-1 MW) at Boise State (14-5, 4-4 MW)
- LOCATION: Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
- DATE: Saturday, Jan. 28
- TIME: 1 p.m. (Mountain)
- SERIES: Wyomng leads the series 9-8
- INTERNET VIDEO STREAM: Watch Live on Mountain West Network
- RADIO BROADCAST: Listen Live on KTIK, AM 1350
- LIVE STATS:
- PROMOTION: BLUEOUT, wear blue and get into game for $3 each.
Boise State Notes
Follow the Broncos On Social MediaWHAT'S HAPPENING
A QUICK GAME PREVIEW
- The Game: The Broncos (14-5, 4-4 MW) open a two-game homestand by hosting the two current league co-leaders starting with Wyoming (15-4, 7-1 MW) this Saturday at 1 p.m. in Taco Bell Arena.
- Next Up: Boise State will host MW co-leader Colorado State (15-5, 7-1 MW) at 7 p.m. (MT) Wednesday night.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women's games throughout the season. Chris Lewis is in his fourth season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
- Watch Live: The game will be broadcast live on the internet via the Mountain West Network on BroncoSports.com.
- Boise State is coming off a loss at Nevada on Wednesday night 69-62 ... the Broncos have now lost four of their last five road games.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads Boise State on the year averaging 14.1 points per game (8th MW) ... Shalen Shaw adds 10.7 points (18th MW) and team-high 7.1 rebounds (12th MW) per game.
- Boise State leads the Mountain West in scoring offense averaging 71.8 points per game while shooting 39.8 percent (5th MW) from the floor and 33.7 percent (3rd MW) from behind the arc.
- Wyoming is 15-4 overall and 7-1 in MW play, tied for first with Colorado State ... the Cowgirls are coming off their first loss in league play Wednesday night 51-46 at UNLV.
- Liv Roberts leads UW in scoring averaging 15.8 points (4th MW) and 8.1 rebounds (6th MW) per game ... Natalie Baker adds 9.6 points per game.
- On the year Wyoming is averaging 68 points (5th MW) per game, while allowing 53.7 ppg (2nd MW) ... the Cowgirls shoot 43.7 percent (1st MW) from the floor as a team and 39.1 percent (1st MW) from beyond the arc.
- This will be the 18th meeting in the series all-time which Wyoming leads 9-8 and 5-4 in the MW regular-season series.
- This game closes the first half of the MW season for both teams.
BRONCO FASTBREAK NOTESTEAM NOTES
- The Broncos are 4-4 in conference play following a 69-62 loss at Nevada on Wednesday.
- Boise State is now 14-5 overall and 10-1 in Taco Bell Arena this season.
- Boise State has a balanced offensive attack and has had three or more players reach double-figure scoring in 14 of the first 19 games ... they are 12-2 in those 14 contests.
- Balanced attack with 10 players having scored double-digit points this season, seven have led the team in scoring at least once ... no one has led the team in scoring more than seven times (Brooke Pahukoa).
- The Broncos currently have two players averaging double-digit points led by Brooke Pahukoa (14.1 ppg) followed by Shalen Shaw (10.7 ppg) ... six players average 7.3 or more points per game.
- Four Broncos have reached double-digit points at least nine times each and a total of six have had five or more with a high of 12 by Shaw.
- Boise State is third in the MW for 3-point percentage as a team at .33.7 ... they are 26th in the nation for total 3-pointers made at 159 and 17th nationally for 3-pointers made per game at 8.4.
- Defensively, Boise State ranks second in the MW and is 28th nationally in 3-point defense holding opponents to 27.3 percent from beyond the arc.
- On the year the Broncos have two of the top-15 3-point shooters in the MW, Riley Lupfer (.375) is 10th, while Brooke Pahukoa (.370) is 11th.
- The Broncos started the season off at 12-1 overall which tied for the best start in program history after 13 games, since the 1974-75 squad set the school record at 12-0 before dropping to 12-1 ... the 1971-72 and 1973-74 teams also went 12-1.
- Boise State just completed its best pre-conference campaign in program history at 10-1.
- Winter Chill, Boise State shot 38.8 percent from 3-point range in nonconference play to lead the MW and rank 17th nationally, since Christmas and the start of league the Broncos have struggled shooting a chilly 27 percent to rank ninth in the MW for conference games.
- Head coach Gordy Presnell hit the 600 career wins milestone against Portland (Dec. 18), Presnell is the 32nd coach in NCAA DI history to hit the mark ... he now has 605 wins.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads the team and ranks eighth in the MW for points per game at 14.1 ... she has nine games in double-digit points, six with 20-plus, including 21 at New Mexico (Jan. 18) and 23 versus San Jose State (Jan. 21).
- Brooke Pahukoa has moved into 11th all-time (1,170) for career points at Boise State, one (1,171) short of tying for 10th.
- Brooke Pahukoa is 12th in the MW for 3-point percentage at .370 and is fourth in the league for 3-pointers per game at 2.2.
- Shalen Shaw is second on team and 18th in MW for scoring at 10.7 points per game ... she leads the team and is 12th in MW for rebounds at 7.1 per game.
- Shaw tallied a team-high eight rebounds against Concordia (Dec. 7) to reach the 500 career rebounds milestone ... she currently stands at 582 to rank 15th all-time at Boise State, 10 short of sole possession of 14th and 13 short of 12th.
- Shaw ranks fourth in the MW for career double-doubles with 14, two this season.
- Yaiza Rodriguez has dished out nine or more assists in six contests to date and six or more in 12 games ... she has three with 10-plus.
- Rodriguez is second in the MW and 14th nationally in assists per game at 6.7.
- Rodriguez set the school's career assists record earlier this fall at 452 and has since stretched it out to 551.
- Rodriguez is now fourth in MW history for career assists at 551.
- Marijke Vanderschaaf is averaging 6.5 rebounds per game (2nd on team / 15th MW) and has 12 games with six or more boards ... she had a career-high 11 in win at Colorado State (Dec. 31).
- Vanderschaaf has scored double-figure points in nine contests including a career-high 22 at San Diego State (Jan. 7).