April 22, 2017
SEATTLE, Wash. - Boise State beach volleyball's two match trip to Seattle to play Washington did not start off right for the Broncos who fell 5-0 to the Huskies in the first match. Sierra Nobley and Sabryn Roberts, as well as Janell Walley and Emily Sullivan led Boise State on the day taking their opponents to three sets before falling.
The loss drops the Broncos to 5-5 overall with one contest left in the season Sunday morning at Alki Beach in Seattle against the Washington Huskies.
Nobley and Roberts moved up to No. 2 pair for today's contest with the Huskies. They faced Courtney Schwan and Destiny Julye falling in the first set, then rallied to win the second before losing a tight third set giving the UW tandem a 21-13, 19-21, 15-13 victory.
At No. 3 pair Walley and Sullivan took on Washington's Cassie Strickland and Carly DeHoog. Like Nobley and Roberts, the Bronco duo fell in the opening frame only to comeback to win the second in extra points 25-23 and force the third. They lost a competitive third set 16-14 as Strickland and DeHoog held on for the win 21-14, 23-25, 16-14.
Beach Volleyball Match Results
Boise State (5-5) at Washington (6-5)
Apr 22, 2017 at Seattle, Wash. (Huskey Beach Courts)
Washington 5, Boise State 0
1. Crissy Jones/Tia Scambray (WASH) def. Maddi Osburn/Maddy O'Donnell (BSU) 21-13, 21-14
2. Courtney Schwan/Destiny Julye (WASH) def. Sierra Nobley/Sabryn Roberts (BSU) 21-13, 19-21, 15-13
3. Cassie Strickland/Carly DeHoog (WASH) def. Emily Sullivan/Janell Walley (BSU) 21-14, 23-25, 16-14
4. Shayne McPherson/Melanie Wade (WASH) def. Jaymee-Lee Bulda/Laney Hayes (BSU) 21-10, 21-15
5. Lindsay Chalmers/Anna Crabtree (WASH) def. Kenna Hanses/Skye Southwick (BSU) 21-15, 21-9
Order of finish: 5,4,2*,3,1