Feb. 10, 2018
DENVER, Colo. -- The Broncos fell 7-0 to host Denver University at the Colorado Athletics Club Monaco on Saturday afternoon.
The Broncos (2-2) played the Pioneers close, forcing a third set on No. 3 singles, while forcing a tie break on No. 3 doubles and No. 1 and No. 5 singles on set two and one, respectively, but the Broncos were unable to come through with a point, that would have changed the direction of the match.
In doubles, the combination of Wiktoria Nosek/Anja Dokic were the first to go down, 6-4 to Camille V-Anderson/Bianca Mok. Then the combination of Wilhelmina Palmer/Lilian Poling were defeated by Julia O'Laughlin/Hada Chang in a close 7-5 match on court one. On court three, the combination of Vanessa Timm/Hanna Kantenwein forced a tie break with Gracia Mboko/Anna Riedmiller, but fell 7-6 (8-6).
In singles, the Broncos played things tight on many courts, the closest being Palmer on court three, who showed a lot of fight, defeating Ladhani 6-2 in the first set, but fell 7-5 in set two and went down 10-5 to lose set three. Playing at No. 1 singles, Poling also showed a lot of fight, falling in the first set 6-2, but came back to force a tiebreak in set two, unfortunately falling 7-6 (7-4) to #123 Mok. Hanna Kantenwein also put up a big fight at No. 5 singles, forcing a tiebreak in set one, but went down 7-6 (7-5) and then dropped set two, 6-2.
The Broncos will regroup quickly, as they are back on the courts tomorrow (Sunday), at Colorado at 1 p.m. MT.
Denver 7, Boise State 0
February 10, 2018
1. Julia O'Laughlin/Hada Chang (DEN) def. Wilhelmina Palmer/Lilian Poling (BSU) 7-5
2. Camille V-Anderson/Bianca Mok (DEN) def. Wiktoria Nosek/Anja Dokic (BSU) 6-4
3. Gracia Mboko (DEN) def. Vanessa Timm/Hanna Kantenwein (BSU) 7-6 (8-6)
Order of Finish: 2,1,3
1. Bianca Mok (DEN) def. Lilian Poling (BSU) 6-2, 7-6 (7-4)
2. Julia O'Laughlin (DEN) def. Anja Dokic (BSU) 6-2, 6-2
3. Arisha Ladhani (DEN) def. Wilhelmina Palmer (BSU) 2-6, 7-5, 1-0 (10-5)
4. Gracia Mboko (DEN) def. Wiktoria Nosek (BSU) 6-0, 6-3
5. Hada Chang (DEN) def. Hanna Kantenwein (BSU) 7-6 (7-5), 6-2
6. Camille V-Anderson (DEN) def. Vanessa Timm (BSU) 6-1, 6-3
Order of Finish: 2,4,6*,1,5,3