March 25, 2018
SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. - Boise State men's tennis fell 4-0 Sunday afternoon at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, Calif. Kyle Butters led the Broncos against the Mustangs leading his singles match on court two 7-5, 3-2 when it was discontinued with the clinching of the team victory.
Cal Poly took the early advantage by taking the doubles point 2-0 with wins on courts three and two, respectively. Mattia Bedolo and Matteo Tinelli played tough on court three before going down 6-4 to Cal Poly's Karl Enander and Dominic Bechard. That was followed by Stefan Lalovic and Pedro Platzeck falling to Josh Ortlip and Axel Damiens 6-3 at No. 2 doubles.
Singles went the way of the Mustangs as well as they took three straight matches to clinch the team victory with wins at the No. four, one and three positions.
In addition to Butters leading his contest on court two when the match was stopped, Platzeck had forced his into a third set after dropping the first set. He won the second and was trailing in the third when its was abandoned.
Boise State will return home this coming weekend when it returns to Mountain West Conference action with the Broncos hosting San Diego State on Thursday followed by UNLV on Sunday, both matches will be held at the Appleton Tennis Center, weather permitting.
Boise State (7-10) at Cal Poly (12-4)
March 25, 2018 at San Luis Obispo, Calif. (Mustang Tennis Courts)
Cal Poly def. Boise State 4-0
1. Andrew Whitehouse/Roman Shenkiryk (CP) vs. Jack Heslin/Kyle Butters (BSU) 5-4 DNF
2. Josh Ortlip/Axel Damiens (CP) def. Stefan Lalovic/Pedro Platzeck (BSU) 6-3
3. Karl Enander/Dominic Bechard (CP) def. Mattia Bedolo/Mateo Tinelli (BSU) 6-4
Order of finish: 3,2
1. Josh Ortlip (CP) def. Jack Heslin (BSU) 6-2, 6-4
2. Dominic Bechard (CP) vs. Kyle Butters (BSU) 5-7, 2-3 DNF
3. Antoine Noel (CP) def. Mateo Tinelli (BSU) 6-2, 6-4
4. Axel Damiens (CP) def. Wyatt DeMulling (BSU) 7-5, 6-0
5. Alexander Stater (CP) vs. Mattia Bedolo (BSU) 7-5, 3-2 DNF
6. Karl Enander (CP) vs. Pedro Platzeck (BSU) 6-1, 1-6, 5-1 DNF
Order of finish: 4,1,3