March 9, 2018
MALIBU, Calif. - Boise State men's tennis won its third-straight match with a impressive 4-1 victory at Pepperdine on Friday. Boise State dominated the doubles leading in all three before taking the team point 2-0. The Broncos then recorded singles victories from Pedro Platzeck, Wyatt DeMulling and Kyle Butters to put the match away as the Broncos improved to 4-8 overall.
The day started with the Broncos taking complete control in doubles play winning the team point with wins on courts two and one, respectively. Platzeck and Mattia Bedolo started things off with a quick 6-1 win at No. 2 doubles over Brian Berdusco and Yusuf Khamis.
The point clinching victory came from Jack Heslin and Butters who teamed up at No. 1 doubles to down Pepperdine's top tandem of Dane Esses and Lautaro Pane 6-4.
Harvey Shackleton and Matteo Tinelli were leading their doubles match 5-2 when it was stopped after the Broncos clinched the team point.
Platzeck gave Boise State a quick 2-0 lead when he rolled past Scotland Garapedian in straight sets 6-0, 6-2. He has now own three straight singles matches.
The Waves pulled one back when Yusuf Khamis defeated Bedolo 6-4, 6-2 at No. 4 singles to make the team score 2-1 Broncos.
Not long after Boise State put it away with wins at No. five and two singles. Wyatt DeMulling moved the blue and orange within one of victory when he dispatched Max Mendelsohn 6-4, 6-1 on court five.
Butters brought it home with a 6-3, 6-3 victory over Brian Berdusco on court two to hand the Broncos their third-consecutive victory.
Next up for Boise State is a match Sunday afternoon at UC Santa Barbara at 12:30 p.m. (Mountain).
Boise State (4-8) at Pepperdine (2-7)
March 9, 2018 at Malibu, Calif.
Boise State def. Pepperdine 4-1
1. Jack Heslin/Butters (BSU) def. Esses/Pane (PU) 6-4
2. Bedolo/Platzeck (BSU) def. Berdusco/Khamis (PU) 6-1
3. Harvey Shackleton/Tinelli (BSU) vs. Mendelsohn/Garapedian (PU) 5-2 DNF
Order of finish: 2,1
1. Jack Heslin (BSU) vs. Dane Esses (PU) 7-5, 2-2 DNF
2. Kyle Butters (BSU) def. Brian Berdusco (PU) 6-3, 6-3
3. Matteo Tinelli (BSU) vs. Lautaro Pane (PU) 6-4, 4-4 DNF
4. Yusuf Khamis (PU) def. Mattia Bedolo (BSU) 6-4, 6-2
5. Wyatt DeMulling (BSU) def. Max Mendelsohn (PU) 6-4, 6-1
6. Pedro Platzeck (BSU) def. Scotland Garapedian (PU) 6-0, 6-2
Order of finish: 6,4,5,2